China Feicheng Yutian Chemical-Hydroxy Ethyl Cellulose Manufacturer

  • top_circletop_circle_s

    Self-owned Factory


  • top_circletop_circle_s

    Global Customers


  • top_circletop_circle_s

    Professional manufacturer

    15 years


Contact us

Home / Hydroxypropyl cellulose / Hydroxypropyl cellulose

Hydroxypropyl cellulose

Hydroxypropyl cellulose

dissolved in water and a variety of organic solvents at room temperature Such as: anhydrous methanol, ethanol, isopropanol, propylene glycol, dichloromethane, but also soluble in acetone

Main Features

Highly substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose (H-HPC) 
Chemical name:Highly substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose (H-HPC)
Technical requirements:
Quality standard




Hydroxypropyl content



The moisture









Arsenic salt



Heavy metal






Important properties:
1, dissolved in water and a variety of organic solvents at room temperature. Such as: anhydrous methanol, ethanol, isopropanol, propylene glycol, dichloromethane, but also soluble in acetone, chloroform, toluene and fibrinolytic agent, the solution is transparent. 2, H-HPC is a good thermoplastic material, with excellent film-forming property, the film is very tough, good gloss, full elasticity. Very low ash, so that this product has excellent cohesIveness, as emulsion viscosification, very stable, and good dispersion. 4, H-HPC itself has no pharmacological effect, non-toxic, harmless to physiology. 5, H-HPC is chemically inert, difficult to react with other substances. 6. The distribution of substituents is more uniform and sufficient, and H-HPC is strong antibacterial. 7, the equilibrium wet content is low. 8, due to its non-ionic nature, this product will not gel in acidic solutions, showing excellent stability in a wide range of PH values. 9. The concentrated liquid of H-HPC can form a normal oriented liquid crystal. 10, H-HPC aqueous solution has surface activity. 11, its aqueous solution with the increase and decrease of temperature, after a reversible process of gel and dissolution.
Physical and chemical properties:
1. Appearance: white or white powder, odorless and tasteless.
2, granularity :20 mesh screening rate is not less than 99%; 30 mesh screening rate is not less than 95%.
3, false specific gravity :0.5-0.6g/ml, specific gravity 1.2224.
4. Thermal stability:
Color temperature :195-210℃ Carbonization temperature :260-275℃
Softening temperature :130℃ below 38℃ in water is a clear and transparent solution.
Gel temperature: above 40℃.
Dissolved in water:
1, dissolved in water:
A. Slowly add H-HPC to the vigorously stirred water until it is completely melted. If all materials are added, it will be difficult to dissolve;
B. Take 20-30% of the predetermined amount of water and heat it to above 60℃. Add H-HPC slowly under the condition of full stirring. After all H-HPC is added, add the remaining 80-70% of the water to completely dissolve it.
2, dissolved in organic solvents:
Under full stirring, the H-HPC is slowly added to the organic solvent, and it is difficult to dissolve if added at one time.
Packaging, Storage and Precautions:
25kg paper bag packaging; Precautions for storage and transportation: sealed, no sun and rain, moisture-proof, no contact with acid and alkali.
Main uses:
1, used as adhesive: in the pharmaceutical field, this product is mainly used as a binder, such as tablet, granule, fine granule material binder, generally for the weight of 1-5%
2, used as a film coating material for tablets. HPC HAS excellent film formation, the film is tough and elastic, can be compared with plasticizer, by mixing with other anti-temperature coating agent, can further improve the performance of the film.
3. Used as thickening agent of elixir, addition of lotion and stabilizer of emulsion.
4, can be used as skeleton material to prepare skeleton sustained release tablets, sustained release pellets and double sustained release tablets, RT-M type is generally selected.

Related Products









We use cookies to provide you with better user experience. Cookies settings can be controlled and configured in your web browser at any time.
By using the site you agree to us using cookies and also read privacy policy. To continue viewing and using the website click on “Continue”.